The winners of the national art competition Create! Art for Autism 2012 have been announced at an awards ceremony in Wales.
More than 550 entries were received for this year’s competition, across the four categories – 2D Art, 3D Art, Digital Art and Poetry. The judging panel, which was led by British actress Jane Asher and television and radio presenter Gaby Roslin, selected the winners and the highly commended artists for each category and presented them with their awards.
Now in its second year, the competition is open to all young people aged 11 to 25 years who have formally been diagnosed with an autistic spectrum disorder.
2012 category winners include:
- 2D: Scottish Pipers by David Greenberg (age 16), Inscape House School
- 3D: Coral Reefs by Patrick Pearce (age 16), Sunnydown School
- Digital: Toy Cars by Luke Tuckwell (age 18), Broomhayes School. She’s Leaving Home by Lewis Davies (age 16), Risca Community Comprehensive
- Poetry: My Mind by Alexander Philip Nickisson (age 15), Woodhey High School.
- The People’s Choice: The Owls by Oliver Coatsworth (age 11), Evergreen Primary School.
The artwork can be viewed at: