Who I am matters
This report looks what people with a learning disability and autistic people experience when they need physical health care and treatment in hospital.
In particular, we wanted to understand:
- whether people have been cared for in a way that meets their needs
- how well people feel they have been supported and involved in their care planning
- if staff understand and are able to meet their needs
We looked specifically at:
- Access to care
- Care and treatment in hospital
- Other equality characteristics and quality of care
- Workforce skills and development
This report is part of our programme of work to improve services for people with a learning disability and autistic people.
By: Care Quality Commission